You may identify with some of my gripes, you may even find some funny, or even a bit pedantic. But as they say, there is no accounting for taste. So in no particular order, let’s get straight to it.
1) Media sensationalism: whether it is the print media, TV or radio, continuous coverage of any news item gives me a headache. How could anyone forget in a hurry the disgraceful media frenzy over the private lives of Tiger Woods and Wayne Rooney, as well as the upcoming UK 2011 royal wedding ?
2) Footballers who feel they are bigger than their clubs: the three on my list, for different reasons, are Messrs. Tevez, Rooney and Adebayor.
3) Politicians who vote on every side of every known issue: sadly, these types seem to be ten-a-penny these days.
4) People who swear: I don’t swear and my conclusion about those who do is that, either their vocabulary is limited or they are simply uncultured.
5) Armchair experts: especially those that clearly have no in-depth knowledge of the subject they have been asked to comment upon ( usually on minority issues, religion and terrorism).
6) Some Nollywood movies: those of us who watch these movies will agree that some of them are a joke, with ridiculous storylines, inaccurate subtitles, fake American accents, and hopeless sequels.
7) Facebook friends who copy your Facebook status without your permission: being creative and original on Facebook isn’t really rocket science, but it still beats me how some people just blatantly plagiarise.
8) Rogue Tradesmen: you call out a Gas Engineer to check out your heating system, he then tries to rip you off by charging you for work that is not required.
9) Backstabbers: according to the O’Jays: “they smile in your face, all the time they wanna take your place………………back stabbers.”
10) Tele Sales Marketers: the thing that irritates me about these types is the way they launch straight into their script as soon as you answer the phone. I simply let them carry on and when they pause to ask “are you the home owner ?” I simply stutter “no speak English” and then hang up.
11) Drivers who try to turn right from a far left lane: talk about a recipe for disaster.
12) Chinese king prawns fried rice with only two prawns in it: it’s a Friday night and you decide to skip cooking and get a takeaway instead. You empty your takeaway into a plate only to find two lousy teeny-weeny prawns. Argh!
13) Sellouts: those who would sell their mothers down the river for a pittance. People like UK Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg and Princess Diana’s former butler, Paul Burrell come readily to mind.
14) Uninsured drivers: aside from rubbing me up the wrong way ( yes, I have had a few encounters with them), uninsured drivers are also a danger to other road users.
15) Rats: both the human form (a bit like the sellouts), as well as, rodents.
16) Too many taxes: council tax, Road tax, London Congestion charge, Passenger tax, and Value added tax.
17) Weapons of mass destruction: how come we still have not found them?
18) The 2010 UK election results: WHY ? WHY? WHY ? 😦
19) Biased news reporting.
20) Noisy neighbours from hell.
Why not tell us about some of your gripes.